July 23, 2009

16 days

In 16 days I will be on my way to Asia, something I'm totally excited about but something which also totally frightens me. The itinerary was modified yet again, but tickets are almost all purchased and most hotel reservations have been made.

Kai and I will be starting off in Saigon, and move our way up Vietnam, passing through Hoi An, Hué and Hanoi, until making our way into Luang Prabang, Laos. Then we'll fly to Siem Reap in Cambodia, where we will meet up with my mom. After visiting Angkor Wat, we'll all head into Thailand where we'll make stops in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. After this, Kai will jet back to Boston, and my mom and I will go to Beijing, after which we'll finish this whirlwind tour in Shanghai. In Shanghai I'll take my 6 week Chinese course. After that, I was considering going into Tokyo - if prices aren't too prohibitive (was considering going to Tokyo instead of Beijing to meet up with Nams & Jen, but the flight from Tokyo to Shanghai was, at its cheapest, about $1,100 according to expedia last time I checked) and then go back home. After all this it will be Boston to look for apartments and finally move to start my new job. These next 6 months are going to fly by so quickly, I hope I'm ready!

1 comment:

  1. Nice!! I'm so excited... is it really only 16- wait 13 days until we go!?

    ReplyDelete